Wherever you hold your event this year, check out some top tips, with a few from our 2018 hosts.
1. Pick a time and place Although it’s in the name, there’s no need to hold your event in the morning or even on the official date (Friday 27 September). Host in the afternoon, evening or all day long! Plan a time and place that’ll suit you and your guests
2. Get the date in the diary Invite as many people as you can, ideally a few weeks before the event works best.
3. Ask for help Whether its baking, making or even faking! Share the load with friends, family or colleagues.
4. Decide what to make Popular cakes always go down a treat, check out some of our delicious recipes.
5. Get raffle ready We’ve heard from hosts that local businesses can be supportive when sourcing great prizes for a raffle.
6. It’s not all about the food Some of our hosts have held book stalls, a tombola, bingo nights or sold bric-a-brac to raise additional donations at their Macmillan Coffee Mornings.
7. Games galore! Download some additional games from our website to have a little fun with your guests. Our favourite this year is ‘Dunk the biscuit’! Check out our downloads page to see more.
8. Mix it up Some of our hosts have had garden get-togethers, prosecco parties, as well as the classic morning filled with coffee and cake. However you want to host, big or small, host it your way.
9. Have trouble raising the dough? Have your Money box clearly displayed and have signs for suggested donations for your cake, coffee and games.
10. Celebrate your success Send out a text/email or message to your guests letting them know how much they’ve helped raise for Macmillan. Or check out our handy thank you templates.