How to prepare Luis Troyano's golden carrot cupcakes
- Ideally the day before you want to make these cupcakes grate the carrots and squeeze out any excess juice. Place them in a bowl and mix in the raisins. Cover and pop in the fridge until needed.
- Set your oven to 150°C fan.
- Fit a whisk attachment to your mixer. Whisk together the eggs and sugar for 6 minutes until thick, pale and smooth.
- Briefly whisk in the corn oil, no more than 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the carrot raisin mix and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Finally fold in the carrot raisin mix until well combined. This is a runny mix, which is correct.
- Put the cupcake mix into a large piping bag and pipe it into your cases distributing it evenly.
- Bake at 150°C fan for 25 minutes until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool in tin for 1 minute, then get them quickly onto a cooling rack to prevent the cases peeling.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating. Will keep for 3 days in an airtight container.
Make the cream cheese frosting
- Fit your mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla paste until it thickens. This could take a few minutes so be patient.
- Once thickened add the double cream and whisk again. It will go runny then thicken again. Keep an eye on it. You want a piping consistency. If you whisk it too much it will split.