Chwarae Teg | free Personal Brand workshop
8:30AM - 11:00AM on 28 September 2018
Suite B, First Floor, Scarlet Court
Dafen Industrial Estate
Join Chwarae Teg with guests Superfast Business Wales for a coffee morning of networking, masterclasses, career development and cake!
Chwarae Teg are offering a free learning and networking opportunity as part of our continued support to Macmillan Cancer Support.
Donations to Macmillan will be accepted on the day of event.
8:30am Coffee and Networking
9:00am Workshop 1
Discover and Define your Personal Brand with Chwarae Teg's Kath Foot
Whether you realise it or not, you have a personal brand. Put simply, it’s what people say about you when you’re not in the room. It’s your reputation, how others perceive you. People will have an opinion of you because of what you say, how you act, how you look and how you make them feel.
You can and should choose to control it; start cultivating a brand to be proud of; ensuring people see you in a way that you want to be seen!
Your reputation and credibility are everything. How you’re perceived by those inside your network and by those you’ve yet to meet can determine future success or failure.
• Understand what personal branding is and its importance to your career development
• Learn how to build a winning personal profile and brand statement
• Discover how to build a network of influencers
• Identify the social media platforms that you can leverage
• Understand the importance of consistency and authenticity across all platforms
10:00am Workshop 2
LinkedIn master class with Superfast Business Wales' Austin Walters
The Superfast Business Wales team will provide a 45 minute session to guide you on how to use LinkedIn.
Austin Walters will guide delegates through the LinkedIn minefield. You will learn:
• Developing a LinkedIn strategy and how to get results;
• Why it is important to have a complete profile and how to do just that;
• The best way to grow your network; and
• How to use LinkedIn on a daily basis without it taking over your life!”
10:45 – 11:00 Panel Q&A
It would be fantastic if you could stay until 12:00 for some more cake and networking!
. You're welcome to bring a cake or something yummy to share (homemade or bought)!
If you can't come but would still like to give a donation to Macmillan just text CUPCAKE to 70550 (one text=£5), go to macmillan.org.uk/coffee or phone 0845 074 2606.
Texts cost £5 plus network charge. Macmillan will receive 100% of every £1 donated in this way. Obtain bill payer's permission. Text STOP to 70550 to opt out from future communications from us.