Skip to main content
For the cakes
- 240g Self-raising flour
- 140g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate soda
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 60ml Vegetable oil
- 2 Bananas, ripe
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp Almond milk (or whichever dairy-free milk you prefer)
For the icing
- 80g Vegan margarine
- 200g Icing sugar
- 25ml Vegan milk (we used almond milk)
- 6 tbsp Smooth peanut butter
- Salted peanuts, toasted & crushed to garnish
- Dark chocolate, grated
How to prepare vegan peanut butter and banana cupcakes
- Heat oven to 180C/165C fan and line your muffin tins.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, 1⁄2 tsp salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a second bowl roughly mash the bananas and with the oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a spoon until just combined (don’t overmix or your cupcakes will be heavy). Add dairy-free milk as required to achieve a soft dropping consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 18-20 mins.
- Allow to cool.
- For the icing, beat the ingredients together until you have a smooth icing. Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes and garnish with crushed peanuts and grated chocolate.