How to prepare vegan lime, passionfruit and coconut cake
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6
- Grease and line a cake tin with parchment paper.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a bowl or jug and mix well.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Just mix until you cannot see any dry bits of flour. You will start to see bubbles forming as you mix and the quicker you get it in the oven the better the cake will be.
- Place in the centre of your oven and bake for 40 - 50 mins or until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack
For the icing and decoration
- Put the icing sugar in a small bowl
- Add lime juice 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring well between each addition. Stop when you have a thickish, but pourable icing. If you add too much lime juice just add a little more icing sugar.
- Pour the icing over the top of the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle over the toasted coconut then place cut passionfruit to add a pop of colour!