Skip to main content
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large free range eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 225g strawberries
For the frosting:
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 40ml coconut cream
- 200g icing sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
How to prepare strawberry & coconut cupcakes
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Line 2 x 6-hole muffin trays with paper cases.
- Using the back of a fork, break up the strawberries to a rough consistency, leaving some small chunks intact.
- Beat the butter and sugar, using an electric mixer, until very light and creamy.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl, then add the beaten eggs, a third at a time, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold this into the wet ingredients, a third at a time, then gently fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cases, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the trays for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add half the icing sugar, and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Repeat with the remaining icing sugar, then add the coconut cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat well until light and fluffy.