How to prepare
- Beat the eggs
- Crumble the feta.
- Roughly chop the roasted peppers and reserve 40ml oil from the jar. Reserve a few peppers to garnish.
- Roughly chop the cherry tomatoes.
- Finely chop the leaves and stalks of the fresh parsley.
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3.
- Line a 6 deep-hole muffin tray with cases.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sea salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and fold in the vinegar, milk, egg, and sumac, until just combined. Stir in the feta, peppers, oil, tomatoes, and parsley, and mix it so the ingredients are just combined – if you overwork it, it will become heavy when baked.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cases and top each with a slice of tomato.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown.
- Cool slightly on a wire rack, then serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of Greek yogurt, if liked.
(The muffins can be frozen once cool. Freeze in freezer bags and defrost the night before you want to eat them for a quick breakfast on the go.)