Skip to main content
- 4 large eggs
- 120g caster sugar
- 120g self raising flour.
- 397g tin of condensed milk
- 550g double cream
- 1tsp vanilla
- 150g strawberries.
- 100g strawberry jam
- Extra strawberries to decorate
- Little icing sugar.
How to make
- Whisk condensed milk, cream and vanilla to soft peaks.
- Whizz strawberries in a food processor and fold into ice cream mixture.
- Roll out two pieces of cling film onto worktop then dollop ice cream mixture in a line little longer than the width of the tin.
- Fold cling film around icecream, and wind the ends to look like a Christmas cracker. Roll back and forth on the worktop for the wrap to tighten.
- Place in freezer overnight to set.
- Grease and line a 22x33cm tin. Remove ice cream from freezer and place to one side.
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until thick and light. Sift flour into mixture and gently fold to keep the air in.
- Pour mixture gently into tin and level by tilting tin from side to side making sure it reaches into the corners. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly, then turn out onto a large piece of greaseproof paper. Unwrap ice cream from cling film and place on the shortest end of sponge. Use the paper to help tease the sponge around the ice cream.
- With the seam facing downwards, wrap in the paper and then some cling film and pop in the freezer for a couple of hours to harden.
- When ready to serve, place arctic roll on a serving board. Sift a little icing sugar all over.
- Heat the jam a little to loosen then add to top of sponge encouraging it to drip in places.
- Add strawberries to top then slice and enjoy!