Skip to main content
- 150g butter diced
- 150g icing sugar
- 80g pistachios
- 60g plain flour
- 1 large free range egg and 3 egg whites
- 2 tbs clear honey
- Finely grated zest of one large lemon
How to prepare pistachio and lemon friands
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan/180C/350F/GM4
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan until foaming and nutty in colour, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Put the pistachios, flour and icing sugar in a food processor and process until powdery.
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl and pour over the butter, mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add a whole egg and the egg whites, lemon zest and honey and mix again to a smooth batter.
- Either pipe or spoon the mixture into the mini muffin tin, stopping at 2mm before top. There will be mixture left over.
- Bake for 15 minutes until risen and golden brown. Repeat with the remaining mixture.