- 225g Ginger biscuits - crushed
- 115g Unsalted butter - melted
- 300g Full fat soft cheese
- 250ml Double cream
- 2 Lemons - juice and zest
- 4 tbsps Ginger syrup
- 8 pieces Opies stem ginger
- Lemon zest
- Chopped ginger
- Icing Sugar
How to prepare a lemon and ginger cheesecake
- Mix the biscuits with the melted butter and press 40g-50g into the bases of each 9cm individual ring mold.
- Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour.
- Lightly whip the cream and then mix in the cream cheese and ginger syrup and lime juice.
- Add the stem ginger and lime zest and mix in thoroughly.
- Spoon onto the biscuit bases and spread evenly over the surface.
- Chill in a refrigerator for 2- 3 hours until firm.
- To serve place the cheesecake on a serving plate and carefully remove from the mould.
- Sprinkle a small amount of lime zest on the surface and then carefully arrange the chopped ginger around the edge of the plate.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar.