Skip to main content
- Vegetable oil
- 75g Blanched almonds
- 250g Rolled oats
- 40g Sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 100g Runny honey
- 6 tbsp Smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 10 Medjool dates, stones in
- 40g Bran
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 50g Sour cherries, or dried cranberries
- 50g Dried apricots
How to prepare granola bars
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Lightly grease a 22cm-square baking dish with vegetable oil, then set aside.
- Roughly chop and add the almonds to a large baking tray with the oats and seeds. Spread them out into an even layer and place in the hot oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, stirring halfway through.
- Gently heat the honey and nut butter in a small pan over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, slit open the dates, pull out and discard the stones, then place into a blender with 100ml of warm water.
- Blitz to a paste, stir into the warmed honey mixture, then leave to cool.
- Transfer the toasted oat mixture to a large bowl with the bran, cinnamon, and salt. Roughly chop and stir in the dried fruit, then mix in the honey mixture until well combined.
- Spoon it into the prepared baking dish, using the back of a spoon to press it into an even layer.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Leave to cool slightly, turn it out onto a board and cut into squares, then set aside to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.