Skip to main content
For the cake
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 225g buttermilk
- 2 tbsps gluten-free liquid red food colouring
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g butter, softened
- 3 medium free range eggs
For the icing
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ cream cheese icing
- 1 tsp cocoa powder, for dusting
How to prepare
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with butter or oil and baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, buttermilk, food colouring, bicarbonate of soda, butter and eggs with an electric whisk or mixer. Beat on a low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove and cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out of the tin and leave to cool completely.
- Place the cake on a serving plate. Cover the top and sides of a cake with the cream cheese icing and dust with the cocoa powder. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.