Skip to main content
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g butter
- 75g plain chocolate
- 25g cocoa powder
- 400g can black beans in water (not salted water) drained well
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes, optional
- 60g milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp icing sugar, optional
How to prepare gluten free black bean chocolate and chilli muffins
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan /gas 4. Line a muffin tin with 12-14 small or 8 large muffin cases.
- Warm the golden syrup, butter and plain chocolate in a small pan over a very low heat until the chocolate is just melted. Stir in the cocoa and set aside.
- Drain the black beans and put into a food processor. Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cornflour and chilli. Blend well. Add the melted chocolate mixture and blend well. Stir in the milk chocolate chips.
- Divide mixture between the muffin cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes for small muffins and 20 -25 minutes for large muffins or until the mixture springs back when gently pressed. Cool in the tray. Serve dusted with a little icing sugar if using.