- 1 x 12 hole muffin tin, lined with muffin cases
- 45g Demerara sugar
- 50g Unsalted butter
- 65g Plain flour
- 20g Rolled oats
- 300g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80g Doft brown sugar
- 220ml Buttermilk
- 1 Large egg
- 60g Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 200g Blueberries, fresh or frozen
How to prepare blueberry and orange crumble muffins
- Make the topping. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips, then add sugar and rolled oats and lightly squeeze the mixture together with your fingers so there are smaller and larger pieces. Place in fridge while you make the muffin.
- Place all dry ingredients and blueberries in large bowl and mix.
- Combine melted butter, buttermilk, egg, orange zest, and juice in a jug and whisk together./li>
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and using a wooden spoon, gently combine ingredients, don’t overwork the mixture, a few lumps don’t matter.
- Fill the muffin cases, scatter the cold crumble mixture over the muffins and bake for 25-30 mins.
- Cool in the tin for 5 mins then remove to wire rack to cool. Eat warm or cold.