Skip to main content
- 400g cooked peeled beetroot
- 400g Maris piper potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40g plain flour
- salt and pepper
- oil to fry
- soured cream and parsley to serve
How to prepare beetroot latkes
- Grate the beetroot, potato and onion and place into a large sieve or colander, press with the back of a spoon to drain.
- Put the drained mixture into a bowl and mix in the egg, flour and seasoning.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Place a heaped spoonful of the mixture into the pan and flatten to form a small pancake. Cook for 3 minutes then carefully flip over and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked though and piping hot. Cook in batches to make a total of 8 latkes.
- Serve with soured cream, decorate with parsley.