- 150g self-raising flour
- 25g ground rice
- 50g unrefined light muscovado sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 150g butter (cut into pieces)
- 125g mascarpone cheese
- 1tbsp unrefined golden caster sugar
- 1 drop of natural almond extract
- 200g raspberries
How to prepare
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas mark 6. Put the self-raising flour into a food processor with the ground rice, muscovado sugar and lemon zest.
- Add butter and blast for a few seconds until the mixture turns into crumbs. Continue blending until the dough forms into a ball.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface and stamp out 12 heart shapes. Put on to a greased and lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the shortcake is pale brown and cooked through. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, mix together the mascarpone cheese, golden caster sugar and almond extract.
- Sandwich together two shortcakes with a generous dollop of mascarpone, and top with some raspberries and a sprinkling of golden icing sugar.
- Tuck in.