How to prepare Mont Blanc meringue kisses
Preheat oven to 120C Fan/140C electric/GM1
- Whisk egg whites with pinch of salt until foamy then add the icing sugar 1 tbsp at a time whisking well between each addition until meringue is glossy and thick.
- Sift the cocoa over the meringue and with large metal spoon fold the meringue over the cocoa a couple of times only (you are not aiming to mix the cocoa in completely, only to create some attractive streaks).
- Attach the baking parchment to the baking sheets using a little meringue at each corner.
- Using a large piping bag (or two teaspoons if piping bag not avail), pipe 3cm meringues in neat lines on the baking sheet.
- Place the meringues in the oven, turn the temperature down to 100C. Fan and bake for around 1 hour until dry. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- To make the filling, empty chestnut puree into large bowl, add the vanilla extract and brandy and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to very soft peaks. Fold the whipped cream in two batches into the puree.
- Pipe or spoon the filling onto half the meringues and sandwich together with the remaining halves.