- 200g plain flour
- 100g semolina
- 200g salted butter at room temperature
- 100g icing sugar
- finely grated zest of one lemon
- 100g chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Caster sugar for dredging
How to prepare
- Preheat oven to 150C Fan/170C/325F/GM3.
- Cream the butter, lemon zest and icing sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Gently mix in the flour, semolina and finally hazelnuts.
- Bring together, form into a flat disc and then roll out between two sheets of baking parchment to around 5mm thick. Place on the baking sheet and put in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 5cm squares, reuse trimmings, place squares on the baking sheet 1cm apart and bake for 25 minutes until pale gold.
- Remove from oven and immediately lightly dust with caster sugar.
- Cool on a wire rack. Best eaten within 2-3 days or can be frozen