For the pastry:
- 120g flour
- 60g butter, cold and diced
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 large egg yolks mixed with 1 tsp of ice-cold water
For the filling:
- 4 large eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g ground almonds
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 170g lemon curd
- 50g flaked almonds
How to prepare
- Preheat oven to 180C Fan/200C/400F/GM6.
- For the pastry, place the flour and icing sugar in a food processor and pulse briefly to mix.
- Add the cold diced butter and pulse until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour egg yolk mixture around the flour and butter and pulse again until the pastry is beginning to come together.
- Remove to a bowl and gently work the pastry to a flat disc. Then wrap in cling film and rest for 2 hours in fridge.
- Roll out the pastry and line the tart case, but do not trim the pastry at this stage. Spoon a thin layer of lemon curd over the base, smoothing out with the back the spoon. Place back in the fridge whilst you prepare filling.
- Place the eggs, sugar, almond extract and ground almonds in a large bowl and whisk well.
- Melt butter until bubbling and frothy and then pour over remaining ingredients, whisking well.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pastry case and bake for 25 minutess until golden and risen.
- Remove from oven, scatter over the almonds, bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Take tart out and place baking sheet on a wire rack, trim excess pastry. When tart has cooled down, remove from tart ring and serve.