How to prepare
- Preheat the oven to 175 C, line large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a dry frying pan toast pumpkin seeds, pine nuts and pistachio nuts, and set aside.
- In a food processor (or a large bowl), blend together dates, eggs, agave syrup and olive oil until you get combined loose liquid mix.
- In a second large bowl combine together all the flours with baking powder, and mix with a wooden spoon. Then add the egg mixture from the food processor and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Add your toasted nuts and seeds, and mix again.
- Tip your dough out on the work surface and split into two. Form two logs each around 30cm length and 10cm or so wide, and press them down with the palm of your hand so all is even.
- Egg wash the tops and pop in the oven on the middle shelf for about 20-25 min until nicely golden.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 150C to get ready for a second bake.
- Rest the logs for about 10 minutes in the tray, then gently transfer to a wire rack to cool for around 45minutes to an hour.
- Chop the cooled logs into ½ inch biscuit slices, pop back onto the same lined baking tray, and bake for a second time at the lower temperature, for around 15 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven, adjust the temperature to 80C Fan, ready for the third and final bake.
- Gently transfer the slices onto an oven wire rack, and place them back in the oven for another hour with the oven door slightly left open to dry them out and make them beautifully crunchy.
For more of Ugne’s recipes, visit her website - http://ugnebakes.com.