- 4 large eggs
- 240g soft brown sugar
- 240g chestnut flour, sifted twice
- 240g unsalted butter, melted
- 100ml Marsala
- ½ tsp cinnamon
How to prepare
- Preheat oven to 160Cfan/180C/350F/GM4
- Melt the butter and set aside
- Sift the chestnut flour twice with the ground cinnamon
- Place the eggs and sugar in bowl of a food mixer and whisk until mousse-like and to ribbon stage (about 5 mins)
- Very gently fold in chestnut flour, followed by the butter and then finally the Marsala until completely mixed but being careful not to knock the air out.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for 40-50 mins, until golden, the top is springy and a skewer comes out clean
- Remove from the oven, cool in the tin for 10 mins then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.